I had a very thoughtful post up about the ethical and profitable arguments for sustainability. And then WordPress decided to give me an error message but not until I left the office – so the post is gone. Sad.
The good news is that it’s my birthday today – so I can always dole out some wisdom that only someone who has lived 24 whole years on this planet can possess. You can thank me later.
- The song is right – there IS solace at the bottom of a bottle. But there’s also a lifetime worth of regrets the next day when you realize the older you get, the less a hangover can be cured by a greasy breakfast and some gatorade.
- Independence is wonderful, right up until the point where you have to clean your toilet bowl. Then it’s just a slap in the face.
- You do, in fact, start to become you parents, whether you like it or not. Sentences escape my mouth all the time that are my mother to a T – right down to the inflection and tone. Frightening but true
- Passion drives success – anything less just won’t shine, it’s almost a guarantee
- The desire to read and learn grows stronger every day
- So does the desire to eat ice cream directly out of the container
- Regardless of how old you actually are, signing up for a 401k or any type or retirement fund will make you feel old
- They were wrong – revenge is best served with fresh baked brownies and a glass of Cab. Somebody needs to update the old adage book
Probably the most important thing I’ve learned thus far is that everything I think I know now will change in the blink of an eye. I think one of my favorite quotes is by Oscar Wilde – “Experience is just the name we give to our mistakes.” Truth.
Posted by: Ashley / follow me on Twitter